Are you evaluating custom home builders in Reading, PA and looking for one that is process-oriented, attentive to detail, and focused on customer satisfaction? D&B Elite Custom Construction can deliver exactly what you need!
D&B Elite Custom is Eastern Pennsylvania’s complete award-winning design-build contractor for new custom homes, home remodeling projects, and commercial buildings.
Design-build means that we manage your entire project, including the planning, design, budgeting, and construction. This integrated approach results in greater efficiency, better quality control, more accurate estimates, and tighter schedules.
From our very first meeting to the last drop of paint, you can count on the D&B Elite Custom team of experts to work together to complete your new home. We’ve developed long-term relationships with our trade partners to ensure that they fully understand our design aesthetic and proven building process.
What Makes Us Different
- Over 60 years of collective design- build experience
- An in-house licensed design specialist
- Single point of contact throughout the process
- Diligent experts working together to complete your project
- Focused on highest standard of workmanship
- High-quality construction materials
- Embrace new materials and technologies
- Transparency and honesty
- Attention to every detail
- Committed to client satisfaction
D&B Elite Custom is proud to have received a number of awards and recognitions through the years, including in the New Home category for Best Kitchen, Best Floor Plan/Use of Space, Best Curb Appeal at the Home Builders Association of Berks County’s 2016 Parade of Homes, as well as Best of Show in the Remodeled Home category.
Design Trends for Your New Custom Home
The trends in home design change slightly from year to year and decade to decade. As you consider building a new home, here are a few trends that may inspire you:
- Open Spaces: For a number of years, new homes have incorporated “great” rooms – centrally located rooms that merge the family room, living room and kitchen – and the trend is expected to continue. Minimal barrier walls give families more space to gather, work, and dine in one central area. Vaulted ceilings can provide a lighter, more airy appearance. In the kitchen, spacious islands are ideal for providing separation without blocking the view.
- First Floor Master Suites: This is another popular trend, especially with homeowners who expect to live in their homes through retirement age. Some with two-story homes and young families plan for two master suites, one upstairs and one downstairs, enabling them to be near their small children but eventually move downstairs as the kids grow up. Others may want to enjoy great views from the second floor but are mindful that someday they may not want to climb stairs.
- Smart Homes: Technology today allows homeowners to create “smart” homes that incorporate lighting, thermostats, and even appliances that can be controlled by a smartphone. Other must-haves include charging stations throughout the home and outlets with USB ports. Smart homes that are energy efficient can also be very cost-effective.
- Outdoor Entertainment Spaces: Outside spaces can serve as extensions of indoor living space. Affordable wireless technology has made it possible to incorporate amenities typically found indoors, such as TVs and sound systems. Patios and decks have become destinations for family entertainment.
These are just a few of the trends that custom home builders can incorporate into your new home in Reading, PA. Get in touch with D&B Elite Custom Construction at (610) 927-6494 to see how we can help bring your vision to life!